Two-factor authentication is an industry best practice for providing additional account security. How can we set up Facebook 2 Factor Authentication App?
Steps to Setup Facebook 2-Factor Authentication App:
1. When you turn on two-factor authentication, you’re asked to choose either text message (SMS) codes or a third-party authentication app as your primary security method. A third-party authentication app (such as Google Authenticator or LastPass) can be used to generate login codes that help us confirm it’s you when you log in from a new device for the first time.
2. Go to your Security and Login Settings by clicking
in the top right corner of Facebook and clicking Settings > Security and Login.
3. Scroll down to Use two-factor authentication and click Edit.
4. Choose the Authentication App method and follow the on-screen instructions.
You’ll need to have at least one of these set up in order to use two-factor authentication. Once you have added either text message (SMS) codes or a third party authentication app on your account, you’ll also be able to set up some of the optional methods below:
- Approving your login attempt from a device we recognize.
- Using one of your recovery codes.
- Tapping your security key on a compatible device.
Other Useful Resources
If you haven’t saved the browser or mobile device you’re using, you’ll be asked to do so when you turn on two-factor authentication. This way you won’t have to enter a security code when you log in again. Don’t click Save this browser if you’re using a public computer that other people can access (example: a library computer).
We need to be able to remember your computer and browser information so we can recognize it the next time you log in. Some browser features block this. If you’ve turned on private browsing or set up your browser to clear your history every time it closes, you might have to enter a code every time you log in. Learn more.
To set up text message (SMS) two-factor authentication, you can either use a mobile number that’s already been added to your account or add a new number. Learn more about how Facebook uses a mobile number added for two-factor authentication.
Note : You can only add a third-party authentication app or other two-factor authentication method if you already have access to your Facebook account. If you can’t access your Facebook account, you can try recovering it.